How do I install the scanner software in my Macintosh?
You must install your software before connecting the scanner to your computer. Be sure to close all open applications and turn off any virus protection programs.
If you don't already have Adobe Photoshop or Photoshop Elements on your computer, install Photoshop Elements from the CD-ROM included with the scanner. To view the Photoshop user manuals in the English folder on your CD-ROM, you'll need Adobe Acrobat Reader.
First you need to install Photoshop Elements, then your scanner software.
1. Insert the Adobe Photoshop Elements CD-ROM in the CD-ROM or DVD drive.
2. Double-click the CD-ROM icon and select the folder for your language.
3. Double-click the Adobe Photoshop Elements folder, then double-click the install Photoshop Elements icon.
4. Follow the on-screen instructions to begin installation, view the Read Me file, and accept the software license conditions.
5. On the next screen click the Install button.
6. Follow the on-screen instructions to install the software. When asked for the software serial number, enter the number printed on the sticker attached to the CD-ROM sleeve.
7. When you're finished click 'Quit'.
8. If you don't have Adobe Acrobat Reader, you can install it from the CD-ROM. Open the folder for your language and double-click the Adobe Acrobat Reader folder. The double-click the Reader Installer icon to install it.
Next install the scanner software.
1. Insert the scanner software CD-ROM in the CD-ROM or DVD drive. The installer starts automatically. If it doesn't, double-click the EPSON CD-ROM icon to open it.
2. Double-click the EPSON icon.
3. When you see a message asking you to disable anti-virus software, click 'OK'.
4. Read the license agreement, then click 'Agree'.
5. At the Software Installation screen, click 'Install'.
6. When the EPSON TWAIN 5 Installer screen appears, click 'Install'.
7. When the EPSON TWAIN installation is complete, click 'Restart'. Do not remove your CD-ROM. After your Macintosh restarts you can install the rest of your software.
8. When your Macintosh restarts, double-click the EPSON CD-ROM icon to open it, if necessary, then double-click the EPSON icon.
9. Follow the on screen instructions to install each application. After each one is installed, click 'Quit' to continue. Note that EPSON Smart Panel™ installs in several steps. If you have PDA software on your computer, Presto! PixExpress will be installed. Please wait until the process is complete. If you don't currently have a PDA, Presto! PixExpress can be added at a later time if you get one.
10. When you see a message 'Would you like a link to Epson's Photo Sharing web site to appear on your desktop?' click 'Yes' or 'No'.
11. On the next screen click 'Exit'. The Epson product registration screen appears.
12. Register your scanner as instructed. At the last screen, click 'Done' or close your browser. You'll see a message instructing you to connect the scanner. Make sure the transportation lock is unlocked then connect the AC adapter and USB cable.