How do I set the password on the projector?
Follow these steps to set a password or change an existing one:
- Hold down the Freeze button on the remote control until you see the Password Protect Menu. This takes about five seconds.
- Press to select Password and press Enter.
You see the prompt Change the Password.
- Select Yes and press Enter.
- Hold down the Num button on the remote control and use the numeric buttons to set a four digit password.
The password displays as **** as you enter it. Then you see the comfirmation prompt.
- Enter the password again.
You see the message Password accepted.
- Press Esc to return to the Password Protect menu.
- Make a note of the password and keep it in a safe place in case you forget it.
To set any of the projector’s security options, access the Password Protect screen as described above, and then turn on any of the following options:
- Power On Protect—Prevents unauthorized use of the projector. After the projector is plugged in and turned on, you must enter a password to use the projector.
- User’s Logo Protect—Prevents your custom screen and display settings from being changed.
- Network Protect—Locks the Network settings in the menu system
If you lose the remote control, you will not be able to enter the password. Keep the remote control in a safe place at all times. Also, it’s a good idea to write down your password.
Published: December 22, 2009
Return to Main FAQs Page