What are the different Color Modes on the Video menu used for?
The Color Mode
setting adjusts the brightness, contrast, and color for various common viewing environments. Use this setting to quickly obtain a good picture. Choose the Color Mode
in the Image menu or press the Color Mode
button on the remote control to select:
- Photo—Best for still images projected in a bright room.
- Sports—Best for TV images projected in a bright room (video, S-video, or composite video only).
- Presentation—Best for color presentations in a bright room.
- Text—Best for black-and-white presentations in a bright room.
- Theatre—Best for movies projected in a dark room.
- Dynamic—Best for video games in a bright room.
- sRGB—Best for standard sRGB computer displays.
- Blackboard—Best for presentations onto a green chalkboard (adjusts the colors accordingly).
- Customized—Best for customizing a color mode using manual Color Adjustment settings in the Image menu.
- Whiteboard—Best for presentations onto a whiteboard (adjusts the colors accordingly).
Published: December 22, 2009
Return to Main FAQs Page