How do I set up my Epson Stylus for the fastest printing?
If you’re printing from your computer, make sure your system meets the requirements
. If you’re printing a high-resolution image, you need more than the minimum requirements listed. You may also need to:
- Clear space on your hard drive or run a defragmentation utility.
- Close programs that you’re not using.
- Increase your system’s memory.
- Use a computer with a high-speed USB 2.0 port.
For the fastest printing, try these tips:
- Choose Black Ink Only in your printer settings if your document doesn’t include color.
- For Windows, choose Draft for the Quality Option.
- For Macintosh, set the Quality/Speed slider to Speed.
- Make sure Quiet Mode is not selected.
- If the Epson Stylus is connected to a USB hub, disconnect unused USB devices.
- For Windows, try adjusting the settings in the Speed & Progress window:
- Right-click the printer icon in the lower right corner of your screen (taskbar) and select Printer Settings. If you don’t see the icon, see No Printer Icon Appears in Windows Taskbar for instructions on making it appear.
- Click the Maintenance tab.
- Click the Speed & Progress button.
- Selecting one or more of the following settings will increase print speed:
- High Speed Copies
- Always spool RAW datatype
- Page Rendering Mode
- Print as Bitmap
Published: April 5, 2010
Thank you for your feedback.
Return to Main FAQs Page