What can I do about paper feed problems?
Check the following:
- If paper doesn't feed, remove it from the sheet feeder. Reload it against the right side, behind the tab, then press in the tab on the edge guide and slide it against the paper and make sure it's not too tight. Make sure the paper is not above the arrow mark inside the edge guide.
- If multiple pages feed at once, remove the paper from the sheet feeder, fan the edges to separate the sheets, then reload it.
- If you're printing on both sides of the paper, try loading fewer sheets.
- If it's wrinkled when it ejects, the paper may be over-saturated or too thin. (If the paper is over-saturated, make sure you select the correct media type in the printer software).
- Make sure you use new, smooth, high-quality paper, that is not curled, creased, old, or too thin. Make sure to load it printable side up.
- Do not load paper with holes punched in it.
- Do not load paper that is too thick for the printer.
If paper is jamming when you are inserting only one or two sheets, try loading more pages at a time. However, do not load more than the recommended number of sheets.
||Load up to
this many sheets
Epson Bright White Paper
Epson Presentation Paper Matte
|Epson Premium Photo Paper Glossy (4 × 6 inches only)
Epson Photo Paper Glossy
Epson Premium Photo Paper Glossy
Epson Premium Photo Paper Semi-gloss
Epson Premium Presentation Paper Matte
Epson Premium Presentation Paper Matte Double-sided
Epson Photo Quality Self-Adhesive Sheets
Epson Iron-On Cool Peel Transfer paper
If the paper jams, follow these steps to clear it:
- Cancel the print job, if necessary.
- Gently pull any jammed paper out from the output tray or sheet feeder.
- If paper is stuck inside, press either of the copy buttons to eject the paper. Remove the jammed paper, including any torn pieces. If the error is not cleared and the error light is still lit, continue with the next step.
- Press the power button to turn off the printer.
- If paper remains near the sheet feeder, press the paper feed roller lever inside the sheet feeder to release the jammed paper, then carefully pull it out.
- Raise the paper jam cover, carefully remove the jammed paper, then close the paper jam cover.
- Press the power button to turn the printer back on.
Published: March 25, 2010
Thank you for your feedback.
Return to Main FAQs Page