What should I do if I see the message No Signal?
You can use the projector's on-screen help system to solve this problem; see Using On-Screen Help
. If you still see the message, check the following:
- Make sure the cables are correctly connected. See Connecting to a Computer.
- Make sure the power to your computer or video equipment is turned on.
- If you've connected more than one computer and/or video source, you may need to press the Source Search button on the remote control or projector or one of the source buttons on the remote control to select the correct source. Pressing the Computer button on the remote will toggle between Computer1 and Computer2 inputs. Allow a few seconds for the projector to sync up after pressing the button.
- If you've connected a laptop computer with a VGA cable, make sure it's set to display on an external monitor.
If you're using a PC notebook:
- Press the function key on your keyboard that lets you display on an external monitor. It may have an icon such as , or it may also be labeled CRT/LCD. You may have to hold down the Fn key while pressing it. Allow a few seconds for the projector to sync up after changing the setting. Check your notebook's manual or online help for details.
On most systems, the key lets you toggle between the LCD screen and the projector, or display on both at the same time.
- Depending on your computer's video card, you might need to use the Display utility in the Control Panel to make sure that both the LCD screen and external monitor port are enabled. See your computer's documentation or online help for details.
If you're using Macintosh OS X:
- Select System Preferences from the Apple menu and click Display or Displays.
- Click Detect Displays.
- Do one of the following:
Mac OS X 10.6.x users: Click Show displays in menu bar.
Other Mac OS X users: Make sure the VGA Display or Color LCD dialog box is selected, click the Arrangement or Arrange tab, then make sure the Mirror Displays checkbox is selected.
Published: February 9, 2010
Thank you for your feedback.
Return to Main FAQs Page