What should I do if my printout has incorrect margins?
Try the following:
- Make sure the paper settings (e.g., Paper Size, Orientation, Border option, etc.) in the Windows, Mac OS X 10.5/10.6, or Mac OS X 10.4 printer driver are correct for the paper size you're using.
- Make sure the margin settings in the program you're printing from are set correctly.
- Use the Print Preview option in your Windows, Mac OS X 10.5/10.6, or Mac OS X 10.4 printer software to check your margins before you print.
- Make sure your paper is positioned next to the right side of the feeder and the edge guide is against the left side of the paper. See Load Paper.
If you're printing from a web browser, the pages may not print correctly due to the web page design. Try one of the following:
- Check to see if there is a Printer Friendly Version (or similarly named) icon or link on the web page that you can click on.
- Experiment with page setup and paper size, then select Print Preview from the File menu in the web browser to view the changes.
Published: May 6, 2010
Thank you for your feedback.
Return to Main FAQs Page