Epson WorkForce 520 All-in-One Printer
What should I do if my printout contains incorrect or garbled characters?
If you're using Windows, try the following:
- Make sure you selected the correct printer in the application you're printing from.
Clear any stalled print jobs from the Windows Spooler by following these steps:
Do one of the following:
Windows Vista: Click , and select Control Panel (or point to Settings and then select Control Panel). Select Printer (under Hardware and Sound) or Printers.
Windows XP: Click Start, and select Control Panel (or point to Settings and then select Control Panel). Select Printers and Other Hardware (if available) and then Printers and Faxes..
- Right-click your printer and select Open.
- Right-click any stalled print jobs you see and select Cancel.
If the printer is connected to a computer or network with a USB or Ethernet cable, check the following:
- Make sure the cable meets the requirements.
- If you're using a switch box or USB hub, connect the printer directly to your computer.
- Turn off the all-in-one, check that the USB or Ethernet cable is securely connected, turn the printer back on, then try printing again.
- Try using a different cable.
Published: May 6, 2010
Return to Main FAQs Page