If you're printing from your computer, make sure your system meets the requirements
. If you're printing a high-resolution image, you need more than the minimum requirements listed. You may also need to:
- Clear space on your hard drive or run a defragmentation utility.
- Close programs that you're not using.
- Increase your system's memory.
- If your all-in-one is connected to your computer with a USB cable, try to use a high-speed USB 2.0 port.
- If you installed the all-in-one on a wireless network, use a computer and router or wireless access point with 802.11g or 802.11n. Try moving the printer and your wireless router or access point closer together. Also avoid placing the printer next to a microwave oven, 2.4 GHz cordless phone, or large metal object (such as a filing cabinet).
For the fastest printing, try these tips:
- Choose Black/Grayscale in your printer settings if your document doesn't include color.
- For Windows, choose Draft for the Quality Option.
- In Windows 7, close the Devices and Printers window before you print.
- For Macintosh, set the Quality/Speed slider to Speed.
- Make sure Quiet Mode is not selected.
- If the all-in-one is connected to a USB hub, disconnect unused USB devices.