I have upgraded my Mac OS to Lion (10.7.x). Unfortunately, my version of ABBYY FineReader 8 will not run. What should I do?
You need to install ABBYY FineReader 8.01 for Mac OS X 10.7.x. Follow the instructions below:
Update the Download Navigator Utility
Install ABBYY FineReader 8.01
- Open the Application folder.
- Open the Epson Software folder.
- Double-click Download Navigator. You see the following screen:
- Click Install.
- When you see the following screen, click Continue.
- Click Agree on the Epson License Agreement screen.
- When the Download Navigator installation is completed, click Close.
- Double-click on the Download Navigator in the Epson Software folder.
- When you see the following screen, click Yes.
- Click Agree on the Epson Licence Agreement screen. Download Navigator will check for available updates.
Note: Epson recommends installing all the updates found by Download Navigator.
- Select all the available updates and click Install.
: Download Navigator analyzes the Epson software (drivers, utilities, firmware, etc...) already installed on your computer and notifies you if new updates are available for download.
If you do not have Download Navigator installed on your system, you can download the utility from the Drivers & Downloads
page for your product.
Published: October 19, 2011
Thank you for your feedback.
Return to Main FAQs Page