The images are rotated incorrectly. What should I do?
Try the following:
- Make sure the documents or photos are placed on the scanner glass correctly. See Placing Documents or Photos.
- Make sure the film or slides are placed in the film holder correctly and the film holder is properly positioned on the scanner glass. See Placing Film or Slides (Perfection V330 Photo Only) for details.
- If you are scanning using thumbnail previews, select the image and click the rotation icon to rotate it. See Previewing and Adjusting the Scan Area for details.
- Try disabling or enabling the Auto Photo Orientation setting.
- Full Auto Mode: Click Customize, and select or deselect Auto Photo Orientation.
- Home Mode or Professional Mode: Click Configuration, select the Preview tab, and select or deselect Auto Photo Orientation.
- The Auto Photo Orientation feature will not work when you scan newspaper or magazine pages, documents, illustration, or line art. The feature will also not work when you scan images that are 2 inches (5.1 cm) or smaller on any side.
- The Auto Photo Orientation feature may not work correctly if the faces in your image are very small or not looking straight ahead, or if the faces are of infants. The feature may also not work correctly if you scan an indoor image that contains no faces, an outdoor image in which the sky is not at the top, or any image containing bright spots or objects in locations other than the top of your image.
Published: June 2, 2010
Thank you for your feedback.
Return to Main FAQs Page