The scanner is not recognizing characters well, what should I do?
Try the following:
- Make sure the document lies straight on the scanner glass.
- In Office Mode or Home Mode, select the Text Enhancement check box. See Converting Into Editable Text in Office Mode.
- Adjust the Threshold setting.
- Office Mode or Home Mode: Select Black & White as the Image Type setting. Then try adjusting the Threshold setting.
Professional Mode: Click the + (Windows) or (Mac OS X) button next to Image Type and select the appropriate Image Option setting. See Converting Scanned Documents Into Editable Text for more information.
- For small text, try selecting 400 as the Resolution setting.
- Click Configuration, select the Preview tab, and select or deselect the Preview image rotation check box.
- Check your OCR software manual to see if there are any settings you can adjust in your OCR software.
Published: June 2, 2010
Thank you for your feedback.
Return to Main FAQs Page