How do I reinstall Epson Scan on Mac OS X?
Follow the instructions below.
Uninstall Scanner Driver:
You must log on to a Computer Administrator account.
Reinstall Scanner Driver:
- Quit all running applications.
- Insert the scanner software CD-ROM into your Macintosh.
- Open the Epson CD-ROM desktop icon, if necessary.
- Double-click the Common folder, then double-click the EPSON Scan folder.
Note: You may have to scroll down to see these folders.
- Double-click the EPSON Scan Uninstaller icon.
Note: If the Authenticate window appears, enter your password or phrase and click OK.
- Select Uninstall from the menu at the top and click the Uninstall button at the bottom.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to uninstall the scanner driver.
- Go to the Drivers & Downloads page.
- Click the latest version of the Epson Scan for your version of Windows, then click Download Now.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to install the driver.
- When prompted, click Finish.
- Turn your scanner on and reconnect it to the computer. Mac OS X should detect new hardware and complete the installation automatically.
- Restart your computer.
Published: June 2, 2010
Thank you for your feedback.
Return to Main FAQs Page