How do I print double-sided?
Follow the steps below for your operating system to print double-sided.
Manual double-sided printing is supported in Windows only. When printing double-sided manually, you will be prompted by the printer driver to reload your pages once one side has finished printing.
Mac OS X
- Open the File menu or click and select Print.
- Make sure the product is selected as the printer.
Click Properties or Preferences.
If you don't see these buttons, click Setup, Printer, or Options, then click Properties or Preferences on the next screen.
Click the Page Layout tab, and select one of the following 2-sided printing settings:
Auto: Select this setting to automatically print double-sided using the duplexer.
When selecting this setting, make sure you load a paper type that is compatible with the duplexer.
- Manual: Select this setting to manually print double-sided.
- If necessary, click Settings or Adjust Print Density (this option is available only when Auto is selected for the 2-sided printing setting) to select additional 2-sided printing settings.
- Click OK.
- Open the File menu and select Print.
Make sure the product is selected as the printer.
With Mac OS X 10.5 or 10.6, click to expand the Print window, if necessary.
- Select 2-sided Printing Settings from the pop-up menu.
- Select 2-sided Printing.
- Select the binding option you want.
- Select the type of document you're printing.
- If necessary, click Adjustments and adjust the print density and drying time to prevent ink from bleeding through the page when you print on plain paper.
Published: August 6, 2010
Thank you for your feedback.
Return to Main FAQs Page