What should I do if my printout is blurry or smeared?
Check the following:
- Make sure your paper isn't damp or curled, or loaded face up (the printable side should be face down).
- Use a support sheet with special paper (such as a sheet of plain paper beneath the special paper sheet), or try loading your paper one sheet at a time.
- Make sure your paper meets the specifications.
- Use Epson papers to ensure proper saturation and absorption of genuine Epson inks.
- Align the print head.
- Remove each sheet from the output tray as it is printed.
- Try turning off High Speed in the Windows printer software.
- If you are using double-sided paper and printing heavily saturated or dark images on the front side of the paper, you may notice that smudges or marks appear on the front when you print the second side. If one side of the paper will contain a lighter image or text, print that side first to eliminate marks or smudging.
- Clean the rollers inside your printer.
Published: August 30, 2010
Return to Main FAQs Page