How do I set up my product for the fastest printing?
If you're printing from your computer, make sure your system meets the requirements
. If you're printing a high-resolution image, you need more than the minimum requirements listed. If you are printing over a wireless network, your signal strength may be low. You may also need to:
- Clear space on your hard drive or run a defragmentation utility.
- Close programs that you're not using.
- Increase your system's memory.
- If you installed the product using a USB cable, use a computer with a high-speed USB 2.0 port.
- If you installed the product using an Ethernet cable, use a computer and router (or hub or switch) with 100 Base-T ports.
- If you installed the product as a wireless printer, use a computer and a router or wireless access point with 802.11g. Try moving the product and your wireless router or access point closer together. Also avoid placing your product next to large metal objects (such as a filing cabinet), microwave ovens, or 2.4 GHz cordless phones.
For the fastest printing, try these tips:
- Choose Black/Grayscale or Grayscale in your printer settings if your document doesn't include color.
- For Windows, choose Draft for the Quality Option.
- If the product is connected to a USB hub, disconnect unused USB devices.
Published: August 30, 2010
Thank you for your feedback.
Return to Main FAQs Page