What should I do if I am unable to scan from my computer?
See the solutions below for your connection type:
- Make sure the product is turned on and securely connected to your computer or USB hub or try connecting the product directly to your computer.
- If the product is connected to a USB hub, make sure it's connected to a first tier hub (the hub closest to the host computer) when more than one hub is connected to the computer.
- Try restarting your computer.
Check the following if the scanner software does not work properly:
- Make sure your computer has enough memory and meets the other system requirements for the software you are using. See your software documentation for details.
- The scanner software may not work properly when your computer is in standby mode (Windows) or sleep mode (Mac OS X). Restart Epson Scan and try scanning again.
- The scanner software may not work properly if you upgraded your operating system, but do not reinstall Epson Scan.
Check the following if you cannot start Epson Scan:
- Make sure the product is turned on.
- If you're using a USB connection, check the cable connection between the product and your computer to make sure it is secure.
- If you installed the product on a network and are trying to scan in Mac OS X, you need to configure network settings for Epson Scan before you can scan over the network.
- The scanner may not work properly when your computer is in standby mode (Windows) or sleep mode (Mac OS X). Restart Epson Scan and try scanning again.
- The scanner may not work properly if you upgraded your operating system but did not reinstall Epson Scan.
- Make sure that Epson Scan is selected in your scanning program.
Published: August 30, 2010
Thank you for your feedback.
Return to Main FAQs Page