Why are my margins incorrect?
The solution depends on if you’re printing, scanning, or copying. See the solutions below for your task.
- Make sure the paper settings are correct for your paper size in the Windows, Macintosh OS X 10.5 and 10.6, or Macintosh OS X 10.4 printer software.
- Choose the correct margins for your paper size in your printing program.
- Use the Print Preview option in your Windows, Macintosh OS X 10.5 and 10.6 or Macintosh OS X 10.4 printer software to check your margins before you print.
- Make sure your paper is positioned next to the right side of the feeder and the edge guide is against the left side of the paper. See Load Paper.
- If you’re using a Macintosh, make sure you choose the correct printer in the Page Setup window and the Print window.
- Check to see if there is a Printer Friendly Version (or similarly named) icon or link on the web page that you can click on.
- Experiment with page setup and paper size, then select Print Preview from the File menu in your application to view the changes.
Published: August 19, 2010
Thank you for your feedback.
Return to Main FAQs Page