What are the different Color Modes used for?
The Color Mode adjusts the brightness, contrast, and color for various common viewing environments. Use this setting to quickly obtain a good picture. Press the Color Mode
button on the remote control to select an option. Press it until the option you want is projected in the upper right corner.
Select from one of these Color Mode options:
- Dynamic: Brightest mode; for video games or TV in a bright room.
- Presentation: For color presentations in a bright room.
- Theatre: For watching movies in a dark room.
- Photo: For vivid, high-contrast still images in a bright room (only available when the source is set to Computer or USB).
- Sports: For vivid TV images in a bright room (only available for component video, S-Video, or composite video sources).
- sRGB: Matches the color palette of standard sRGB computer displays.
- Blackboard: Projects accurate colors on a green chalkboard (adjusts the white point).
- Whiteboard: For computer presentations in a bright room with black-and-white text and graphics.
Published: August 24, 2010
Return to Main FAQs Page