How long should the projection lamp last in normal operation?
The projection lamp lasts up to about 4000 hours, depending on the selected Power Consumption
setting, environmental conditions, usage, and other factors. You can use the Info menu to check how long it's been in use. See Projector Information Display - Info Menu
To prolong the life of the lamp, you can do the following:
- Turn on the projector's Sleep Mode setting. See Projector Setup Settings - Extended Menu.
- Turn off the projector when not in use.
- Make sure the projector is operated within the environmental requirement of 41 to 95 °F (5 to 35 °C).
- Set the projector's Power Consumption setting to ECO. See Projector Feature Settings - Settings Menu.
- Clean the air filter if dust collects on the filter or vent. See Air Filter and Vent Maintenance.
- When you replace the lamp, make sure you don't touch the new lamp with your bare hands. The invisible residue left by the oils on your hands may shorten the lamp life. Use a cloth or a glove to handle the new lamp.
- Press the A/V Mute button on the remote control or close the A/V Mute slide on the projector when you don't need to display the image.
Published: December 13, 2010
Return to Main FAQs Page