What should I do if I am unable to scan from my computer?
See the solutions below for your connection type:
- Make sure the product is turned on.
- If the product is connected with a USB or Ethernet cable, make sure the cable is connected securely at both ends.
- Try restarting your computer.
- Make sure your computer has enough memory and meets the system requirements.
- If you are scanning a large document at high resolution, a communication error may occur. If the scan did not complete, lower the resolution.
- If you cannot scan from the product's touch screen, make sure you restarted your computer after installing the product software. Make sure Epson Event Manager is not being blocked by your firewall or security software.
- Check the following if Epson Scan does not work properly:
- The scanner may not work properly if you upgraded your operating system but did not reinstall Epson Scan.
- The scanner software may not work properly if you upgraded your operating system, reinstall Epson Scan.
- Make sure Epson Scan is selected in your scanning program.
- If you installed the product on a wireless network, make sure that both your computer and product are connected to your wireless network.
- The scanner software will not work if any of the printer's ink cartridges are out of ink and the ink light flashes. Check which cartridge is expended and replace it.
Updated: January 30, 2012
Thank you for your feedback.
Return to Main FAQs Page