What should I do if I'm having problems installing the software?
any components of the product software that may have been installed on your system. Then follow the software installation instructions on the Start Here
sheet starting with Choose your connection
Before reinstalling the software, check for the following:
Make sure the product is not connected to your computer. You will be prompted to connect the product during the installation process. If you don't connect the product when prompted, the driver will not install correctly.
When prompted to connect the cable, make sure your product is turned on and the cable is securely connected at both ends.
- Make sure your system meets the requirements.
- Make sure all applications (including any screen savers, virus protectors, and firewall software) are closed.
- Make sure you have administrative rights or software installation privileges to your computer.
- If you are using a USB hub, try connecting directly to your computer.
If you're connecting the product to your network wirelessly, make sure you have the correct SSID (wireless network name) and if security is enabled, the wireless network password (WEP key or WPA passphrase).
This information is stored in your network's router or access point and you may be able to access it by logging onto the router or access point from your computer and checking its setup screens. See the instruction manual for your router or access point for details. If you are unable to access the information, contact the person who set up your network or the manufacturer of your router or access point for support. You'll need to know the SSID and if security is enabled, the wireless network password before you set up the product. (Epson will not be able to provide this information to you.)
- The SSID and security key or passphrase are case-sensitive. Be sure to correctly note uppercase, lowercase, and numeric/special letters.
- The product supports the following wireless security modes: WEP (64/128bit), WPA-PSK (TKIP/AES), and WPA2.
- If you're connecting the product to your network wirelessly, see Network Problems for additional troubleshooting steps.
Published: January 7, 2011
Thank you for your feedback.
Return to Main FAQs Page