Nothing is projected on the screen. What should I do?
Try the following:
- Check that the power light is green and not flashing. Also press the A/V Mute button on the remote control to make sure the picture has not been turned off temporarily.
- The projector may be in standby or sleep mode. If the power light is orange, press the power button to turn the projector on.
- If the power was switched off and then on again, the projector may be cooling down. Wait until the power light stops flashing and remains orange; then press the power button again.
- The attached computer may be in sleep mode or displaying a black screen saver. Try pressing a key on the computer.
- If you are projecting from a DVD player or other video source, make sure you turn it on and press its Play button.
- If you are projecting video from a laptop, you may need to set the laptop to external output only.
- If you are projecting from a composite or S-Video source, make sure the Video Signal setting is correct. See Adjusting Signal Settings.
- You can also try resetting all of the menu settings. See Restoring the Default Settings.
If you're projecting through your computer's USB port, make sure the USB Type B setting in the Extended menu is set to USB Display. See Customizing Power and Operation.
With Windows, you may need to install the USB display drivers manually by clicking My Computer or Computer > EPSON_PJ_UD > EMP_UDSE.EXE. If nothing is projected after the USB display drivers are installed, click All Programs or Programs > EPSON Projector > EPSON USB Display > EPSON USB Display Vx.x on your computer.
With Mac OS X, click the USB Display icon in the Dock. If there is no USB Display icon in the Dock, open the USB Display folder in the Applications folder and run USB Display.
- If you see a black screen and you are connected through your computer's USB port (or through your network), the application may be using DirectX drawing features, which are not supported.
Published: February 11, 2011
Thank you for your feedback.
Return to Main FAQs Page