My interactive pen doesn't work. It lags, skips, or does not write on the projected image. What should I do?
Try the following:
- Make sure nothing is blocking the signal between the pen and the interactive pen receiver on the projector. See Projector Parts.
- Make sure the cable cover is in place to keep cables from blocking the signal.
- Make sure the pen batteries have enough power. If the light on the pen doesn't turn green when you press the button, you need to replace the batteries.
- Dim the room lights and turn off any fluorescent lights. Make sure the projection surface and the pen receiver are not in direct sunlight or other sources of bright lighting.
- Make sure the pen receiver on the projector is clean and free from dust.
- Make sure there is no interference from infrared devices (e.g., infrared remote controls, infrared microphones, infrared mice, etc.).
- Make sure the location is free from electromagnetic interference from nearby equipment (such as electric motors or transformers).
- Make sure the USB cable is securely connected to the projector and computer. Try disconnecting and reconnecting the cable to your computer.
Epson recommends using a VGA connection to project your computer's image when using the interactive pens. Using other types of connections to project your image, such as USB Display or a wireless connection, may cause your pens to not work properly (e.g., the pens may lag or skip). Check the following when projecting using a VGA connection:
- If the tablet function does not work, you may have other tablet device drivers on your system. Uninstall the Easy Interactive Virtual Tablet Driver using the Windows Control Panel.
- If you're using a USB hub, connect the projector directly to your computer.
- You may need to recalibrate. See Calibrating the Projector.
- Try updating your computer's video driver.
- In Windows XP, open your operating system's Display utility. Click the Settings tab, then click Advanced. Click the Troubleshoot tab, and set Hardware acceleration to None.
- If the pen icon has a red X on it, try restarting the the Easy Interactive Driver.
- Try using a different pen.
Published: February 11, 2011
Return to Main FAQs Page