What should I do if my printout is blurry or smeared?
Check the following:
Spcecifications and Notices
Align the Print Head
Select Basic Options
Select Printer Settings
- Make sure your paper isn't damp or curled, or loaded facedown (the printable side should be faceup).
- Make sure your paper meets the specifications.
- Use Epson papers to ensure proper saturation and absorption of genuine Epson inks.
- Align the print head.
- Remove each sheet from the output tray as it is printed.
- Avoid handling printouts for a few hours to allow the ink to set. Let your prints dry separately for at least 12 hours before framing or placing them in protective sheets. If you need to stack them, place a sheet of plain paper between each print.
- Turn off High Speed mode in the Windows or Mac OS X printer software.
- If you are using double-sided paper and printing heavily saturated or dark images on the front side of the paper, you may notice that smudges or marks appear on the front when you print the second side. If one side of the paper will contain a lighter image or text, print that side first to eliminate marks or smudging.
Published: April 28, 2011
Return to Main FAQs Page