How do I print in black/grayscale only?
Open a document, then follow the steps below for your operating system to select Grayscale
in the printer driver.
To keep the print head clear and ready to print, the printer uses a small amount of ink from all the cartridges whenever it prints. Even if you select Grayscale
, some color ink is still being used.
is not recommended for printing black-and-white photos.
Mac OS X
- Open the File menu or click and select Print.
- Make sure the product is selected as the printer.
Click Properties or Preferences.
If you don't see these buttons, click Setup, Printer, or Options, then click Properties or Preferences on the next screen.
- Click the Main tab.
- Select Grayscale under Print Options.
- Click OK.
- Open the File menu and select Print.
Make sure the product is selected as the printer.
With Mac OS X 10.5 or 10.6, click the button to expand the Print window, if necessary.
- Select Print Settings from the printer options pop-up menu.
- Select Grayscale for the Color setting.
Published: April 28, 2011
Thank you for your feedback.
Return to Main FAQs Page