What should I do if the printout has incorrect or missing colors?
The problem could be due to a software setting, the product's condition, or the paper you're using. Check the following:
Print From Your Computer
Clean the Print Head
Replace Ink Cartridges
- Make sure Black/Grayscale is not selected in your product software.
- For best results, use genuine Epson ink and paper.
- The print head nozzles may need cleaning.
- The ink cartridges may be old or low on ink, and you may need to replace them.
- Try turning off Fix Photo in the product software.
- Try changing the Gamma setting in your product software.
- Use a color management system. Try using the ICM (Windows) or ColorSync (Mac OS X 10.4) setting.
In Mac OS X 10.5 and 10.6, you can select ColorSync from the Color Matching pop-up menu.
- In Windows, try enabling or disabling the Allow Applications to Perform ICM Color Matching setting. To access this setting, click the Speed & Progress button in the Maintenance tab of the product settings window.
- On a Macintosh, change the Color setting to Color in the Print Settings menu.
Published: May 17, 2011
Thank you for your feedback.
Return to Main FAQs Page