How long should the projection lamp last in normal operation?
The lamp should last approximately 4000 to 5000 hours, depending on the selected Power Consumption
setting, environmental conditions, usage, and other factors. You can use the Info menu to check how long it's been in use. See Checking Lamp Usage
To prolong the life of the lamp, you can do the following:
- Turn on the projector's Sleep Mode setting. See Customizing Power and Operation.
- Turn off the projector when not in use.
- Make sure the projector is operated within the environmental requirement of 41 to 95 °F (5 to 35 °C).
- Set the projector's Power Consumption setting to ECO. See Customizing Projector Features.
- Clean the air filter if dust collects on the filter or vent. See Cleaning the Air Filter.
- When you replace the lamp, make sure you don't touch the new lamp with your bare hands. The invisible residue left by the oils on your hands may shorten the lamp life. Use a cloth or a glove to handle the new lamp.
- Press the A/V Mute button on the remote control or close the A/V Mute slide on the projector when you don't need to display the image.
Published: March 15, 2011
Return to Main FAQs Page