What should I do if the colors in my printout don't match my monitor?
Your monitor and the product use different technologies to represent colors, so your printed colors can't match your screen colors exactly. Try increasing your monitor's color palette to view a greater range of colors, and then try the following:
Selecting Advanced Print Settings - Windows
Managing Color - Mac OS X 10.5/10.6
Managing Color - Mac OS X 10.4
- Make sure the Black/Grayscale or Grayscale setting is not selected in yoru printer software.
- Run a nozzle check then if needed, clean the print head.
- The ink cartridges may be old or low on ink, and you may need to replace them.
- Your printed colors can never exactly match your on-screen colors. However, you can use a color management system to get as close as possible. Try using the color management options in your printer software.
- For best results, use genuine Epson ink and paper.
Published: September 21, 2011
Thank you for your feedback.
Return to Main FAQs Page