What should I do if I'm having paper feed problems?
See the solutions below for your type of paper feed problem.
Paper Feeding Problems
Paper Ejection Problems
- If paper does not feed for printing, remove it from the tray. Reload it against the right side, then adjust the edge guides. Make sure the paper stack is not above the tab on the edge guides inside the cassette.
- If multiple pages feed at once, remove the paper, fan the edges to separate the sheets, and reload it.
- Do not load more than the recommended number of sheets.
- If paper jams when you print on both sides of the paper, try loading fewer sheets.
- For best results, follow these guidelines:
- Use new, smooth, high-quality paper that is not curled, creased, old, too thin, or too thick.
- Load paper in the cassette printable side down.
- Do not load paper with holes punched in it.
- Follow any special loading instructions that came with the paper.
Paper Jam Problems
- If paper does not eject fully, you may have set the wrong paper size. Cancel printing to eject the paper. Select the correct paper size when you reprint.
- If paper is wrinkled when it ejects, it may be damp or too thin. Load new paper and be sure to select the correct paper type setting when you reprint.
Published: August 19, 2011
Return to Main FAQs Page