What should I do if my product is printing blank pages?
Check the following:
Print Head Nozzle Check
Print Head Cleaning
Selecting Basic Print Settings - Windows
Selecting Basic Print Settings - Mac OS X 10.5/10.6/10.7
Selecting Basic Print Settings - Mac OS X 10.4
- Make sure your product is selected as the printer in your printing program.
- Run a print head nozzle check to see if any of the nozzles are clogged. Then clean the print head, if necessary.
- Make sure you selected the correct paper size settings in your printing program and printer software.
- If a blank page exists in a document you are printing and you want to skip printing it, select the Skip Blank Page setting in your printer software by doing one of the following:
Windows: Access your print settings, click the Maintenance tab, then click the Speed & Progress button. Select Skip Blank Page.
Mac OS X 10.4: Access your print settings and select Extension Setting from the print options pop-up menu. Select Skip Blank Page.
Mac OS X 10.5/10.6/10.7: Select System Preferences > Printer & Fax or Printer & Scan > your product > Options & Supplies & Driver..
- Try printing a different document to determine if the problem is limited to one document. If it is, try recreating the document (with copy and paste, for example).
Published: August 19, 2011
Thank you for your feedback.
Return to Main FAQs Page