I tried to install the product with a wireless connection on my Mac, but the installation failed. What should I do?
You'll need to set up your software and product again. Do the following:
Reset your Product's Network Settings
Disable the Firewall
- Press the Home button, if necessary.
- Press the arrow buttons and then select Setup.
- Press the arrow buttons to select Restore Default Settings and press the OK button.
- Press the arrow buttons to select Wi-Fi/Network Settings and press the OK button. You see a confirmation screen.
- Select Yes to reset the selected settings. (Select No if you want to cancel the operation.)
- Go to the next section. (If you are unable to complete this step, click here.)
Setup your Product
- Select the menu > System Preferences, then click either Security & Privacy or Security.
- Select the Firewall tab, then disable the firewall.
If you have other firewall software enabled, you'll also need to disable it. If you don't know how to disable it, contact your firewall provider for help.
Note: This step is needed to install the product's software and complete the Wi-Fi setup. Remember to enable your firewall software after you complete the Wi-Fi setup.
- Go to the next section.
- Complete the setup of your product by following the instructions listed in Article 001854 - Initialize your router and set up your product with a Wi-Fi connection on a Mac
Note: If you were unable to complete any of the steps above, please contact Epson technical support for assistance.
Published: March 15, 2013
Return to Main FAQs Page