I cannot print from Windows after I replaced my router. What should I do?
You will need to set up your software and product again for the new router. Do the following:
Uninstall the product's software
- Turn off the product and disconnect any interface cables.
- Click or Start, and select All Programs or Programs.
- Select Epson, select your product, then select EPSON Printer Software Uninstall. If you see a User Account Control window, click Yes or Continue.
Note: If you can't uninstall the product's software, skip the following steps, but answer Yes to the question above.
- In the next window, select your product and click OK. Then follow any on-screen instructions.
- Open the Windows Control Panel utility and do one of the following:
Select Epson Scan and click Uninstall/Change or Change/Remove.
Proceed to the next section.
Disable your firewall software
- Windows 8: Open the Charms menu and select Settings. Select the Control Panel and click on Programs. Under Uninstall a program select Epson Event Manager and click Uninstall.
- Windows 7 or Windows Vista: Select Programs and Features (In Classic View, select Programs and click Uninstall a program.) Select Epson Event Manager and click Uninstall/Change.
- Windows XP: Double-click Add or Remove Programs. Select Epson Event Manager and click Change/Remove.
Install the product software
- Select or Start > Control Panel, then select Windows Firewall.
- Disable the firewall.
If you have other firewall software enabled, you'll also need to disable it. If you don't know how to disable it, contact your firewall provider for help.
Note: This step is needed to install the product's software and complete the Wi-Fi setup. Remember to enable your firewall software after you complete the Wi-Fi setup.
- Proceed to the next section.
- Download the Drivers and Utilities Combo Package for your operating system. Make a note if the file name and save location so you can retrieve it.
Important: You'll need to know your network name (SSID) and network password before you can set up your product. If you don't know them, contact the manufacturer of your router or the person who set up your network.
- Open the file you downloaded, and follow the on-screen instructions. When you see the Select Your Connection screen, select Wireless connection, then click Next.
- When you see the Network Setup screen, select Set up printer for the first time, click Next, then follow the instructions on your computer screen to complete the installation.
Note: We recommend using a temporary USB cable connection (cable not included) to simplify wireless setup. If you don't have the cable, select Select settings using printer buttons to set up your printer.
After you complete the Wi-Fi setup, remember to enable your firewall settings. If you are still unable to print with the replacement router please contact Epson Support
Published: March 27, 2013
Return to Main FAQs Page