What should I do if I'm having problems installing the software for a USB connection?
Check the following:
Uninstalling Product Software - Windows
Uninstalling Product Software - Mac OS X
- Make sure your product is turned on and the USB cable is securely connected at both ends. If you still have problems, disconnect the USB cable and carefully follow the software installation instructions on the Start Here sheet.
- Make sure the USB controller is working properly in Device Manager. See your Windows help system for details. If it's not working, contact your computer manufacturer.
- Make sure all applications (including any screen savers, virus protectors, and firewall software) are not running before you install the software. If any applications were running, uninstall and then reinstall the printer software.
- If you see an error message or your software doesn't install correctly in Windows, you may not have software installation privileges. Contact your System Administrator.
- Turn off the product, uninstall the printer software, then reinstall the software.
You must connect the product to your computer at the correct time to make sure the driver is installed correctly on your computer.
Published: October 25, 2011
Thank you for your feedback.
Return to Main FAQs Page