How do I print in black/grayscale only?
Open a document, then follow the steps below for your operating system to select Black/Grayscale
in the printer driver.
To keep the print head clear and ready to print, the printer uses a small amount of ink from all the cartridges whenever it prints. Even if you select Black/Grayscale
, some color ink is still being used.
is not recommended for printing black-and-white photos.
Mac OS X
- Open the File menu or click and select Print.
- Make sure the Workkforce 435 is selected as the printer.
Click Properties or Preferences.
If you don't see these buttons, click Setup, Printer, or Options, then click Properties or Preferences on the next screen.
- On the Main tab, select Black/Grayscale under Print Options.
- Click OK.
- Open the File menu and select Print.
Make sure the Workforce 435 is selected as the printer.
With Mac OS X 10.5, 10.6, and 10.7 click the button to expand the Print window, if necessary.
- Select Print Settings from the printer options pop-up menu.
- Select Grayscale.
Not available on all media types.
Published: October 27, 2011
Thank you for your feedback.
Return to Main FAQs Page