When I try to print, I see the message Printer is Offline. What should I do?
Try the following:
- Make sure the product is powered on.
- Check the product control panel for any error messages and follow the instructions to solve them.
- Make sure you are choosing the correct printer when printing. If there are multiple copies of the same printer driver, remove the ones not in use.
- Make sure the USB cable is a shielded "AB" cable not more than 10 feet long.
Note: Do not use devices that extend the length of the cable because they can interfere with signal transmission.
- If you're using a USB hub with your printer, connect the printer directly to your computer.
Note: Do not connect through a USB keyboard. The keyboard acts like a hub and can interfere with signal transmission.
- Use a different port on your computer.
Published: October 5, 2011
Thank you for your feedback.
Return to Main FAQs Page