I've installed the product's software for a wireless connection, but I cannot print. When I check the product's control panel, there is no IP assigned to the product (it's 0.0.0.0) or the IP starts with 169.254.xxx.xxx . What should I do?
This problem indicates that the router (wireless network) did not communicate with the product when you installed the software. Try these solutions:
Resetting Control Panel Defaults
Selecting Wireless Network Settings From the Control Panel
- Reset the product's Network Settings.
- Reset your router. You may be able to do this by turning it off and back on again, or you may need to follow a different procedure to reset it. See the documentation for your router or access point for instructions.
Troubleshoot the Ethernet connection by doing the following:
- Make sure the product is connected to the router with an Ethernet cable (one is included with your product) when you install the software.
- Try another Ethernet cable.
- Connect the Ethernet cable to another port on the router.
- Reinstall the software.
Published: September 23, 2011
Thank you for your feedback.
Return to Main FAQs Page