How do I uninstall the Epson printer and scanner software?
Follow the instructions below for your operating system.
- Turn off the product.
- Disconnect any interface cables.
- Click or Start, and select All Programs or Programs.
- Select EPSON, select your product, then click EPSON Printer Software Uninstall.
Note: If you see a User Account Control window, click Yes or Continue.
- In the next window, select your product and click OK. Then follow any on-screen instructions.
- Open the Windows Control Panel utility.
- Do one of the following to uninstall Epson Event Manager, then follow any on-screen instructions:
Do one of the following to uninstall Epson Scan, then follow any on-screen instructions:
- Windows 7 or Windows Vista: Select Programs and Features. (In Classic view, select Programs and click Uninstall a program.) Select Epson Event Manager and click Uninstall/Change.
- Windows XP: Double-click Add or Remove Programs. Select Epson Event Manager and click Change/Remove.
Restart your computer.
Mac OS X:
- Windows 7 or Windows Vista: Select Epson Scan and click Uninstall/Change.
- Windows XP: Select Epson Scan and click Change/Remove.
In most cases, you do not need to uninstall your product software before re-installing it. However, you can download the Uninstall Center utility from the Epson support website to uninstall your product software as described here.
- To download the Uninstall Center utility, see the Drivers & Downloads page.
- Extract the contents of the zip file you downloaded onto your hard drive.
- Quit all applications currently running on your Mac.
- Open the Applications > Epson Software folder.
- Double-click the Uninstall Center icon.
- Select the checkbox for each software program you want to uninstall.
- Click Uninstall.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to uninstall the software.
Note: If you uninstall your product's printer driver and your product name remains in the Print & Fax or Print & Scan window, select your product name and click the – (remove) icon to remove it.
Published: September 9, 2011
Return to Main FAQs Page