What should I do if I'm having paper feed problems?
See the solutions below for your type of paper feed problem.
If nothing prints, blank pages feed or pages with incorrect characters print after you've cleared a paper jam, cancel any pending print jobs
from your computer.
Paper Feeding Problems
Paper Ejection Problems
- If multiple pages feed at once, remove the paper, fan the edges to separate the sheets, and reload it.
- Do not load more than the recommended number of sheets.
- If paper jams when you print on both sides of the paper, try loading fewer sheets.
- For best results, follow these guidelines:
- Use new, smooth, high-quality paper that is not curled, creased, old, too thin, or too thick.
- Load paper in the cassette printable side down.
- Do not load paper with holes punched in it.
- Follow any special loading instructions that came with the paper.
Paper Jam Problems
- If paper does not eject fully, you may have set the wrong paper size. Cancel printing to eject the paper. Select the correct paper size when you reprint.
- If paper is wrinkled when it ejects, it may be damp or too thin. Load new paper and be sure to select the correct paper type setting when you reprint.
Published: February 27, 2012
Thank you for your feedback.
Return to Main FAQs Page