How do you change the ink cartridge?
Be sure you have a new ink cartridge before you begin. Once you start the ink cartridge replacement procedure, you must complete all the steps in one session.
1. Make sure the EPSON CX5200 is turned on and not printing. The control panel tells you which ink cartridge is low or empty.
2. Press either Menu button several times until you see Change Cartridge and then press the Copy button.
The ink cartridges move to the center.
3. Lift up the CX5200 cover.
4. Pinch the tabs on the front and back of the cartridge, lift it out of the printer, and dispose of it carefully.
5. Before you remove the new cartridge from its package, shake it four or five times.
6. Unwrap the new ink cartridge and lower it into its holder, then press down on the top of the cartridge until it clicks in place.
Caution: Don't touch the green circuit board on the back of the cartridge; you may inhibit normal operation and printing.
If you need to replace other ink cartridges, repeat steps 4 through 6 before continuing with step 7.
7. Carefully lower the CX5200 cover and press it down until it clicks into place.
The EPSON Stylus CX5200 begins charging the ink delivery system. The On light flashes and the EPSON Stylus CX5200 makes noise. Charging takes about 30 seconds. When it's finished, the On light stops flashing and stays on.
Caution: Never turn off the EPSON Stylus CX5200 while the On light is flashing, unless the Stylus CX5200 hasn't moved or made noise for more than 5 minutes.