What can I do about vertical banding or misalignment?
If your printouts contain misaligned lines, you may need to align the print head.
Note: You can also use a printer software utility to align the print head right from your computer. Select the ? or Help button on your printer settings window for instructions running the print head alignment utility.
1. Make sure the EPSON Stylus CX5200 is turned on and not printing, and the Error light is off.
2. Load a stack of plain, letter-size paper in the sheet feeder.
3. Press a Menu button until you see Head Alignment, then press the Color Copy button to print the first alignment page.
4. On the test page, select the pattern with the two vertical lines most precisely printed on top of each other. You may need to use a magnifying glass or loupe.
Select one pattern each for rows 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5. (In this example, the best pattern in each row has been circled.)
5. Press the + or - Value buttons to select the number of the best pattern for the first row, then press the Color Copy button. Repeat this step for the second, third, forth, and fifth rows.
Note: If you select a pattern other than 8 in any row, that pattern becomes pattern #8 next time you align the print head.
6. When you're finished, press the Color Copy button to print the second alignment sheet.
7. On the test page, select the pair of horizontal bars with the least noticeable light or dark band between them. You may need to use a magnifying glass or loupe.
8. Press the + or - Value buttons to select the number of the best pattern, then press the Color Copy button. (In this example, pattern 4 is best.)
9. When you're finished, press the Color Copy button to print the third alignment sheet.
10. Repeat steps 7 through 8 to complete the alignment process.