How do I install the driver software in Windows?
Follow these instructions to install the driver software:
1. Make sure your EPSON Stylus CX5200 is NOT connected to your computer then turn on your computer.
Note: If your Stylus CX is turned on and connected to your computer you may see several new hardware screens. Click Cancel for each of these screens and disconnect your Stylus CX. You can't install the software that way.
Insert you Stylus CX CD-ROM into your CD-ROM or DVD player.
The software Installation screen opens automatically.
2. Click Install.
Note: If the install screen doesn't open automatically, do the following:
For Windows XP
Click Start > My computer. The double-click the Epson CD-ROM icon.
For Windows 2000/Me/98
Double-click My computer, then double-click the Epson CD-ROM icon.
3. When you see the license agreement, read it and click Agree. Then follow the instructions on the screen to install the drivers.
4. When you see the screen telling you to connect your Stylus CX, make sure it is turned on and connected to the USB port.
5. After you connect the Stylus CX, Windows displays several messages as it detects your device.
6. Continue following the instructions on the screen to install the rest of the software.
7. When you see the final screen, make sure the Stylus CX is turned on and paper is loaded. Click Print Test Page.
8. Click Register and follow the instructions on the screen to register your product. At the last screen click Done.
9. Click Exit, then remove the CD-ROM. Now you're ready to copy, scan and print.