I tried to install the product with a wireless connection on my Mac, but the installation failed. What should I do?
You'll need to set up your software and product again. Do the following:
Reset your Product's Network Settings
Disable the Firewall
- Press the Setup button.
- Press the arrow buttons to select Restore Default Settings and press the OK button.
- Press the arrow buttons to select Reset Network Settings and press the OK button. You see a confirmation screen.
- Select Yes and press the OK button. (Select No and press the OK button if you want to cancel the operation.)
- Go to the next section. (If you are unable to complete this step, click here.)
Setup your Product
- Select the menu > System Preferences, then click either Security & Privacy or Security.
- Select the Firewall tab, then disable the firewall.
If you have other firewall software enabled, you'll also need to disable it. If you don't know how to disable it, contact your firewall provider for help.
Note: This step is needed to install the product's software and complete the Wi-Fi setup. Remember to enable your firewall software after you complete the Wi-Fi setup.
- Go to the next section.
- Complete the setup of your product by following the instructions listed in Article 001848 - Initialize your router and set up your product with a Wi-Fi connection on a Mac
Note: If you were unable to complete any of the steps above, please contact Epson technical support for assistance.
Published: March 15, 2013
Thank you for your feedback.
Return to Main FAQs Page