How do I install the driver from the EPSON Stylus Photo 960 CD-ROM in Windows XP?
Follow these steps to install your driver software:
1. Make sure your printer is connected and turned on. Then turn on your computer.
2. Wait for Windows to detect your printer connection and display a screen saying 'Welcome to the Found New Hardware Wizard', This wizard helps you install software for SP 960.
Note: If this screen doesn't appear, make sure your printer is turned on and connected.
3. Put the EPSON CD-ROM in your CD-ROM or DVD drive and wait a few seconds for the CD-ROM to be recognized.
Your printer software installs automatically and various messages appear on the screen.
4. At the final Found New hardware screen, Click Finish.
5. When you see the license agreement, read it and click Agree. You see the Options menu
6. Click Install Optional Software.
Note: When installing the optional software, if you see an error message 'Cannot start more than one copy of the specified program' click OK, then click install to install your software.
Follow these steps to install the software:
1. At the Optional Software menu, click the button for each program to learn more about it. If you want the program, click Install and follow the instructions on the screen.
2. If you see a message about installing QuickTime, click Yes and follow the on-screen instructions. You don't need a registration number.
3. When you're finished installing software, close any open windows and click Back.
4. Click View Software Offers. Click the button for each offer to learn more about it, then follow the instructions on the screen.
5. If you see a screen asking you to restart, select No and click Finish. If your computer restarts automatically, you need to return to the menu. Click Start (on Windows XP), double-click My Computer, then double-click the EPSON CD-ROM icon.
6. When you're finished, close any open windows and click Back.
7. Click Install Printer Information Center and follow the on-screen instructions.
8. Close any open windows and click Exit at the menu.
9. When you see the registration screen, register your printer with EPSON as instructed. Remove the CD-ROM and keep it in case you need to reinstall any software later.
10. Restart your computer if necessary. You're ready to print!