What should I do if I'm having paper feed problems?
If you have problems feeding paper, try these solutions:
Paper Feeding Problems
Solving Paper Problems
Paper Jam Problems Inside the Product
Paper Jam Problems in a Cassette
Paper Jam Problems in the Duplexer
Document Jams in the Automatic Document Feeder
Paper or Media Type Settings
Paper Loading Capacity
- If paper does not feed for printing, remove it from the cassette. Reload it and adjust the edge guides. Make sure the paper stack is not above the tab on the edge guides inside the cassette.
- If multiple pages feed at once, remove the paper, fan the edges to separate the sheets, and reload it.
- Do not load more than the recommended number of sheets.
- If paper jams when you print on both sides of the paper, try loading fewer sheets.
- For best results, follow these guidelines:
- Use new, smooth, high-quality paper that is not curled, creased, old, too thin, or too thick.
- Load paper in the cassette printable side down.
- Do not load paper with holes punched in it.
- Follow any special loading instructions that came with the paper.
Published: December 6, 2011
Thank you for your feedback.
Return to Main FAQs Page