How do I set the password on the projector?
Follow these steps to set a password or change an existing one:
- Hold down the Freeze button on the remote control until you see the Password Protect menu. This takes about five seconds.
- Press the down arrow to select Password and press Enter.
You see the prompt Change the password?.
- Select Yes and press Enter.
- Hold down the Num button on the remote control and use the numeric buttons to set a four-digit password.
The password displays as **** as you enter it. Then you see the confirmation prompt.
- Enter the password again.
You see the message Password accepted.
- Press Esc to return to the Password Protect menu.
- Make a note of the password and keep it in a safe place in case you forget it.
After setting a password, you see the Password Protect menu. Select the password security types you want to use:
- Power On Protect—Prevents anyone from using the projector without first entering a password.
- User's Logo Protect—Prevents anyone from changing the custom screen the projector displays when it turns on or when you use the A/V Mute feature. The presence of the custom screen discourages theft by identifying the projector's owner.
If you lose the remote control, you will not be able to enter the password. Keep the remote control in a safe place at all times. Also, it's a good idea to write down your password.
Published: September 30, 2011
Thank you for your feedback.
Return to Main FAQs Page