How long should the projection lamp last in normal operation?
The lamp should last approximately 3000 to 4000 hours, depending on usage.
To prolong the life of the lamp, you can do the following:
Projector Setup Settings - Extended Menu
- Turn on the projector's Sleep Mode setting.
- Turn off the projector when not in use.
- Make sure the projector is operated within the environmental requirement of 41 to 95°F (5 to 35°C).
- Clean the air filter if dust collects on the filter or exhaust vent.
- When you replace the lamp, make sure you don't touch the lamp with your bare hands. The invisible residue left by the oils on your hands may shorten the lamp life. Use a cloth or a glove to handle the lamp.
- Press the A/V Mute button on the remote control or close the A/V Mute slide on the projector when you don't need to display the image.
Published: September 30, 2011
Return to Main FAQs Page