How long should the projection lamp last in normal operation?
The projection lamp lasts up to about 4000 hours, depending on the selected Power Consumption
setting and other factors. You can use the Info menu to check how long it's been in use. See Checking the Projector Status
Lamp life will vary depending on mode selected, environmental conditions, and usage. Brightness decreases over time.
To prolong the life of the lamp, you can do the following:
- Turn on the projector's Sleep Mode setting. See Customizing Power and Operation.
- Turn off the projector when not in use.
- Make sure the projector is operated within the environmental requirement of 41 to 95 °F (5 to 35 °C).
- Set the projector's Power Consumption setting to ECO. See Customizing Projector Features.
- Clean the air filter if dust collects on it. See Cleaning and Replacing the Air Filter.
- When you replace the lamp, make sure you don't touch the lamp with your bare hands. The invisible residue left by the oils on your hands may shorten the lamp life. Use a cloth or a glove to handle the lamp.
- If you’ll be using the projector at an altitude above 4921 feet (1500 meters), turn on High Altitude Mode so the fan can properly cool the projector at the high altitude air pressure. See Customizing Power and Operation
Published: October 26, 2011
Thank you for your feedback.
Return to Main FAQs Page