What are the different Color Modes used for?
The Color Mode
adjusts the brightness, contrast, and color for various common viewing environments and image types. Use this setting to quickly obtain a good picture. Press the Color Mode
button on the remote control to select an option. Press it until the option you want is projected in the upper right corner.
Select from one of these Color Mode options:
- Presentation: For color presentations in a bright room.
- Theatre: For watching movies projected in a dark room.
- Sports: For television images in a bright room (video, S-Video,
or composite video input only).
- Photo: For still images projected in a bright room.
- sRGB: For standard sRGB computer displays.
- Blackboard: For presentations onto a green chalkboard (adjusts the colors accordingly).
- Whiteboard: For presentations onto a whiteboard (adjusts the colors accordingly).
- Dynamic: For video games in a bright room.
The available Color Mode
settings depend on the currently selected Input source.
Published: February 6, 2012
Return to Main FAQs Page