I see the message "Installation Failed" when I install the product's wireless network software. What should I do?
Check the following:
Printing a Network Status Sheet
- Ensure the correct network SSID name and security key or passphrase is used.
- Make sure that your wireless router or access point is set to use one of the supported security settings: None, WEP 64, WEP 128, or WPA-PSK (TKIP/AES) WPA2 compliant.
- If security is enabled for your wireless router or access point, make sure that you entered the correct security key or passphrase.
- If there are any access restrictions (such as MAC address filtering) set on the wireless router or access point, register the printer's MAC address on the router or access point. Print a Network Status Sheet to obtain the MAC address. Then see your router or access point's documentation for instructions.
- You may need to disable the firewall and any anti-virus software on your wireless router or access point.
- Disable any settings (such as AP Isolation, Client Isolation, or Privacy Separator) on your wireless router or access point that would prevent wireless devices from communicating with each other.
Published: June 13, 2012
Thank you for your feedback.
Return to Main FAQs Page